A Day Trip In My Tho Ben Tre
A day trip to My Tho – Ben Tre 1.5-hour’s drive from Ho Chi Minh has some of the Mekong’s most quaint scenery. Experience the true life of the delta region as you visit its fruit orchards, coconut groves and hundreds of small islands. Spending a day away from the buzz of Ho Chi Minh City, you are sure to delight in the change of pace and unique lifestyle of the Delta’s residents.
- Lunch at local restaurant
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
08.00 am, depart from the southern economic hub of Ho Chi Minh City to the area referred locally as ‘the rice bowl of Vietnam’.
On arrival in Ben Tre Province head towards Tien Giang where you will board your local boat for a cruise among the aptly named Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix Islands. En-route visit a small factory producing handicrafts made of coconut and Turtle Island, where a stop will be made in a tropical orchard to taste some exotic fruit.
After the boat trip, take a ride on a horse driven cart along country roads to the famed garden for a honey tasting session. Continue on a smaller rowing boat for a more adventurous cruise on the Canal which is set amongst a forest of palm trees.
In the afternoon return to Ben Tre/My Tho for lunch and a visit to Vinh Trang Pagoda before heading back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will arrive in the late afternoon.