Half Day At Cu Chi Tunnels Experience
Get a first-hand look at Vietnam-American war history. Take a guided half-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City to the Cu Chi Tunnels to wander through jungles echoing with history. Learn how Cu Chi’s residents found ingenious ways to survive and other incredible stories of wartime resilience.
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
Today’s tour will begin at 08:00. Depart early this morning to avoid the crowds at Cu Chi. Drive away from Ho Chi Minh City, watching the city skyline fade into the distance as the road winds through rice paddies, villages and other scenes typical to southern Vietnam.
Spend a couple of hours walking around Cu Chi’s rugged grounds with a local guide. Hear how the residents constructed an intricate, underground network of tunnels during the French and American Wars. Crawl underground and have a look at the tiny chambers, imagining what life was like for those who lived there. Hear incredible tales of perseverance- from the unusual foods the residents ate to survive to the story of a baby being born in the tunnels. Once above ground, see other ingenious items used by the residents to defend themselves such as bamboo traps and camouflaged pits.
Throughout the tour, the guide will explain the impact of war on the local community and the country as a whole. In the late morning journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.